WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Meet The Senior Decisions Makers With Job Titles Including:
VPs, COOs, CTOs, CIOs, Directors, Managers, Engineers, Leads, Specialists, Coordinators, Analysts, Foremans, Superintendents, Advisors, Scientists in...
- IoT & Digital Transformation
- Cloud Integration
- Cyber Security
- (Advanced) Analytics
- IT Infrastructure
- Reliability Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Senior Engineers - 5G & Wireless
- Asset Managers
- Platform Managers
- Area Managers
- Supply & Procurement Managers
- Chemical Managers
- EHS Managers
- Systems Architects
Meet Leading Technology & Services Providers In:
- IoT & Edge Computing
- Remote Monitoring Without Infrastructure
- Real-Time Machine Learning Model Deployment
- Autonomous Rod Pumping & ESP
- Smart Cameras
- VR & Augmented Reality
- Automating Manual Processes
- Audio Analytics
- Power Consumption Monitoring
- Well Performance Diagnostics
- Cost-Effective Well-Site Communications
- AI Applications
- Data Analytics
- Field Communications
- Data Analytic Dashboards
- Condition Monitoring
- Automating Controls
Day 1 – January 30, 2024
THE LATEST BREAKTHROUGHS AND INNOVATIONS IN TECHNOLOGY, SOFTWARE & WORKFLOWS
Strategies to Cut Costs, Optimize Labor, Enhance Reliability, and Reduce Downtime
EXECUTIVE BREAKFAST BRIEFING
COST-BENEFIT ANALYSIS FOR DOING MORE NEW AUTOMATION (E.G. THE WELLHEAD)
08:00 Conducting A Cost-Benefit Analysis For Expanding Automation To Deliver Sophisticated Data Analytics For Wellhead, Valve & Lift Applications For Both Greenfield & Brownfield Sites
The imperative to transition towards expanding automation has become a critical strategy for North American E&P’s. Nonetheless, comprehending the intricate financial implications of such strategic choices remains a challenge, particularly in cases where the immediate return on investment is not evident. One example is the deliberation over the ROI of implementing extensive wellhead automation coupled with sophisticated data analytics. This morning briefing session delves deeply into the complexities of conducting a comprehensive cost-benefit analysis, focusing specifically on the return on investment concerning the integration of new automation technologies with advanced data management capabilities —whether they pertain to hardware, software, or data-driven solutions. The objective is to equip stakeholders with the insights needed to persist in their investment endeavors beyond the initial decision-making phase and subsequent initial enthusiasm at the conceptual stage.
MAIN CONFERENCE AGENDA – DAY 1
SUCCESSFUL IMPLEMENTATION OF RECENT BREAKTHROUGHS IN WELLSITE AUTOMATION
“What’s new in the last 12 months that operators are successfully implementing?”
08:45 Chair’s Opening Remarks
On Day 1, we delve into practical case studies and interactive discussions that examine the innovative approaches producers employ to harness new technology, mitigating costs in the face of shifting market dynamics and emerging environmental and security mandates. Emphasis will be on better capitalizing on data for decision-making, assimilating an array of technologies, and integrating varied communication protocols to cutting-edge IoT device management.
STRATEGIC KEYNOTE PANEL - WHAT IS NEW IN AUTOMATION, LEARNING FROM EARLY ADOPTERS
08:50 Assessing Wellsite Automation Technology Breakthroughs In The Past Year That Are Adding Value To The Oilfield – Who Is Successfully Adopting Innovative Tech & Digitalizing Process?
The opening panel offers a high-level review of new and evolving innovations and solutions for streamlining the workforce, reducing cost, and ensuring more efficient operations, dissected through the lens of practical case studies. Attendees will gain insights into quantifiable performance metrics, ROI evaluations, and the specific technologies steering the future of the sector.
OPERATOR EXPERIENCES AND RESULTS ON SUCCESSFUL IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW TECH
08:50 Effective Adoption Of New Technology, Including Recent Advancements In IOT Technology & Realtime Data Devices, To Replace Manual Labour, Improve Reliability & Increase Runtime
This session will showcase real-world case studies detailing the implementation journey of recent IoT advancements. Attendees will not only gain insight into the strategic integration of these technologies but also explore measurable benefits and efficiencies they've introduced.
- Integrating New IoT technologies and real-time devices across wellhead, facility and downhole
- Learning how to navigate the adoption and integration of emerging tech successfully
- Explore the tangible benefits and operational efficiencies companies have achieved, providing a metric-driven foundation for your own tech initiatives.
- Benefit from real-world case studies, emphasizing replicable tactics and approaches to ensure successful technology integration in your own context
FROM THE LENS OF A LEADING AUTOMATION VENDOR
09:10 Advancements in Wellsite Automation: Envisioning Tomorrow's Pioneering Products Set to Transform the Future
Looking into the latest breakthroughs in well-site automation technology to get a first look at visionary products poised to redefine the future.
- How to actually apply new technology to add value to the business
- Best practices to ensure seamless interoperability and the efficient blending of new technologies
- How to refine and customize digital workflows to make better use of the data you already have
- Align AI functionalities with wellsite business objectives to ensure that its capabilities directly bolster profit margins
ASSESSING STATE-OF-THE-ART TRANSFORMATIVE TECHNOLOGIES ACROSS THE BOARD
09:30 Optimizing Existing Data: Implementing New Tech, AI & Digitalizing Workflows To Drive Value
Diving deep, at a strategic level, into the transformative impact of AI, streamlined digital workflows, and cutting-edge data automation.
- Prioritizing the implementation of new technologies that will make a difference in 2024
- Implementing a strategic framework to assess new data utilization technologies based on their potential return on investment (ROI) and alignment with improved decision-making
- Addressing concerns related to the robustness, uptime, and scalability of new technological solutions for digitizing workflows to make better use of the data you already have
- Utilizing a blend of on-premise and cloud solutions to provide the flexibility, reliability, and scalability needed to handle advanced digital workflows and AI operations efficiently
THE FUTURE OF SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATING LAND-BASED ROBOTICS INTO WELLSITE OPERATIONS
09:50 How To Adopt Land-Based Robotics To Automate Manual Processes & Sustain Operations Amidst A Declining Workforce
The goal is to learn how to use robotics to replace manual labor on rig floors, such as making connections and preparing casing.
- The current state of land-based robotics technology and its potential applications in oil field operations
- Learn about the latest advancements in robotics designed specifically for tasks like making connections and preparing casings, and the immediate efficiencies they offer
- Understand the technical and operational prerequisites for integrating robotics into your current rig processes
- Address the challenges and solutions related to training existing personnel to work alongside and manage this robotic system
- Case studies on implementing robotics in their operations
- Explore the potential returns on investment from adopting robotics, both in terms of financial gain and in ensuring continued operations amidst workforce declines
- Strategies and technologies for retrofitting existing rigs with robotics technology
10:10 Extended Questions and Discussion
10:30 Networking Refreshment Break
NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR PRODUCTION CHEMICALS MONITORING
11:00 Achieving Precision in Production Chemical Monitoring: Addressing the Low-Volume Challenge
The quest for unerring accuracy in chemical monitoring, particularly in low-volume applications, has long been an area of concern. With a myriad of monitoring technologies available, including flow meters and tank level monitoring, the true challenge lies in achieving the desired level of accuracy in applications as minute as one-liter-a-day chemical injections. This session delves into the pressing need for new automation solutions specifically tailored for low-volume, high-accuracy chemical injection rate monitoring.
- Dive into the latest technologies and companies addressing the challenge of monitoring minute chemical injection rates with unparalleled precision
- Discover actionable strategies for selecting and integrating the right monitoring solutions into your current processes
- Understand the existing challenges in low-volume chemical monitoring and how modern advancements are bridging this gap
- Uncover potential solutions that don’t just promise high accuracy but also come at a feasible cost, ensuring value for every dollar invested
11:20 Questions & Discussion
UNLOCKING AI & DIGITAL TWINS APPLICATIONS FOR
GETTING STARTED WITH THE USE OF AI AND MACHINE INTELLIGENCE IN REAL-WORLD APPLICATIONS
11:30 Application Of AI and Machine Intelligence In A Wellsite Automation Business Context
This panel, featuring 5 in-depth case studies, aims to provide a comprehensive, high-level overview of initiating the integration of AI and Machine Intelligence within real-world applications, with a focus on different well-site automation applications.
SHOWCASING REAL-WORLD APPLICATIONS OF AI AND MACHINE LEARNING
11:30 Current Trends & Applications Of Using Ai & Machine Learning For Deeper Data Analysis, Anomaly Detection, Environmental Impact Assessment & Intelligent Decision Support
- Unveiling the capabilities of AI & Machine Learning to sift through voluminous data generated from IOT devices, derive actionable insights, and offer predictions
- Learn how advanced algorithms are trained to promptly recognize and respond to irregular patterns, ensuring minimal disruptions and safeguarding critical operations
- Understand the methodologies through which AI assesses and predicts environmental consequences, enabling businesses to adopt sustainable and responsible practices
- Explore the ways in which Machine Learning aids decision-makers by providing data-backed suggestions, forecasts, and alternative scenarios.
A PRACTICAL GUIDE ON HOW TO IMPLEMENT AI TOOLS FOR WELL-SITE AUTOMATION
11:50 Practical Steps, Pitfalls, And Real-World Implementation Of AI & Machine Intelligence - From Data Extraction To Sophisticated Data Integration
Discover the intricacies of integrating AI with SCADA and automation systems. Gain insights into practical applications from real-world case studies. Learn the tangible benefits and outcomes derived from successful implementations.
- Exploring the range of AI, from basic simulation models to full-fledged deep learning
- The step-by-step process to transition from traditional SCADA to AI-enhanced systems
- Understanding the technological choices: SQL servers, data historians, and cloud options
- The interplay between visualization, modeling, and real-time decision-making in AI-integrated systems
- The tangible benefits and financial outcomes of successful AI integration into SCADA
- Best practices for translating visualizations and models into actionable decision-making tools
APPLICATION OF MACHINE LEARNING IN DATA ANALYSIS
12:10 Using AI To Dive Deeper into Diverse Data Being Collected Including Flow Rates, Pressure Temperature & Production Levels
HOW GENERATIVE AI COULD CHANGE WELLSITE AUTOMATION
12:30 Adopting Generative AI in Wellsite Automation: Opportunities, Challenges, and Envisioning The Future Of Work
- Techniques for leveraging generative AI in data mapping, production metrics, and KPIs
- Use cases in a well-site automation context
- Addressing data availability, compliance accuracy, workforce concerns and ensuring continual upskilling and relevance in an AI-driven environment
- Strategies for ensuring data accuracy in AI systems and validating AI-generated results
- Best practices for implementing generative AI without compromising the intrinsic knowledge of seasoned professionals
USE OF AI FOR IDENTIFYING TRENDS
12:50 The Roadmap Ahead On Utilizing AI & Machine Intelligence To Identify Trends In Flow Line Pressure, Chemical Usage & To Anticipate And Prevent Equipment Failures By Providing Real-Time Alerts
In this session, we explore the intricate fusion of AI and Machine Intelligence, specifically geared toward identifying key operational trends. From pinpointing nuances in flow line pressure and optimizing chemical usage to proactively predicting equipment failures.
- Using AI algorithms to analyze and predict trends, ensuring optimal flow rates and preventing costly interruptions.
- Analyzing historical and real-time data, automating the precise dosage and timing for chemical injections, saving costs, and mitigating environmental risks
- Analyzing large datasets to identify subtle patterns or changes that are precursors to equipment failures, allowing for pre-emptive maintenance or replacement
- Addressing the challenge of integrating AI-driven insights with SCADA systems to ensure timely alerts, enabling immediate corrective actions and enhanced operational continuity
13:10 Networking Lunch
UNLOCK THE FULL POTENTIAL OF LIFTS: TRANSFORM OPERATIONS WITH AI-DRIVEN INSIGHTS
14:10 Harnessing AI for Optimal Lift Configurations: Advanced Analytics to Elevate Performance
- Getting started with AI in lift configurations and steps for seamless integration of machine learning
- Predictive capabilities: Forecasting and proactive interventions.
- Overcoming challenges and barriers in AI adoption
- Planning for the next wave of technological advancements
DEMONSTRATING THE VALUE OF COMBINING DIGITAL TWINS WITH AI AND MACHINE LEARNING
14:30 Key Considerations When Harnessing the Power of Digital Twins in Wellsite Automation
In wellsite automation, a digital twin could be a model of the drilling rig, pipelines, reservoirs, or any other operational components. AI and Machine Learning come into play when this virtual model is fed with real-time data from the physical site. By continuously analyzing this data, AI algorithms can make predictions, recognize anomalies, optimize operations, and provide intelligent decision support. Explore how these dynamic virtual models, combined with AI and Machine Learning, drive efficiencies, predict anomalies, and offer unprecedented insights into operations.
- Understanding the core components required to create a robust Digital Twin for wellsite operations especially the relationship between data integration and building digital twins
- Learn the importance of continuous data feeds into the Digital Twin and the challenges in ensuring data accuracy and consistency
- Grasp how AI algorithms are applied to the data from Digital Twins to drive actionable insights and decision-making support
- Addressing the challenges and solutions in scaling Digital Twin models and ensuring they evolve with changing wellsite conditions and technologies
PANEL - BEST PRACTICE WELLHEAD/WELL PAD AUTOMATION
14:50 Strategic Wellhead Automation: Balancing Information Needs with Technological Cost & Complexity
In the rapidly evolving landscape of well-site operations, achieving an optimal balance between the hunger for detailed, real-time information and the cost and intricacy of the technology required can be a real challenge.
Operators need to ensure that the costs incurred in implementing and maintaining these systems are justified by the value of the information they provide. Overcomplicating systems with too much data can lead to operational inefficiencies, increased training requirements, and potential downtime. The challenge lies in discerning the right amount and type of information needed for effective decision-making.
JUSTIFYING A MORE EXPANSIVE APPROACH TO WELLHEAD AUTOMATION
15:10 Quantifying ROI When Securely Connecting The Wellhead To SCADA Systems Based On The Unique Data & Sophisticated Analytics it Will Deliver
This session delves into an in-depth exploration of various automation levels, and their respective data retrieval methods. Hear about strategic ROI Evaluation, demystifying the complexities of advanced AI and data automation.
- Obtain clarity on optimizing the balance between information needs and technological investments in wellhead automation
- Quantifying the value against potential risks associated with wellhead and lift automation
- Integrating advanced AI and data solutions, including the challenges faced and the strategies to overcome them
GREENFIELD FOCUS – WELLPAD, WELLHEAD AND VALVE OPERATIONS AUTOMATION
15:30 Strategically Optimizing Wellhead Automation On Greenfield Sites: Balancing Minimalistic And Expansive Approaches For Maximum ROI
- Understand the infrastructural and technological prerequisites for automation on greenfield sites and the cost implications of minimalistic versus expansive approaches
- Integration Challenges: Harmonizing new technologies with greenfield environments and strategies to overcome these integration barriers
- Gain expertise in predicting ROI from different scales of automation, factoring in both immediate operational costs and long-term production benefits
- Learn the importance of designing an automation strategy that's not only optimal for current needs but can also seamlessly accommodate future expansions and technological shifts
BROWNFIELD FOCUS – WELLPAD, WELLHEAD AND VALVE OPERATIONS
15:50 Navigating Brownfield Automation Challenges: Strategic Integration, Retrofitting, and Long-Term Cost Implications
Brownfield sites present unique challenges when it comes to automation, given their pre-existing infrastructures. This session sheds light on the strategic paths one can navigate through the complex maze of brownfield automation, from integration hurdles to long-term fiscal considerations.
- Legacy System Integration: Identifying the best methodologies to integrate modern automation solutions without disrupting ongoing operations
- Understanding the immediate financial implications of retrofitting versus the long-term costs associated with potential inefficiencies, maintenance, and suboptimal system integrations
- Strategies to maximize the efficiency of well pad, wellhead, and valve operations post-automation, ensuring that older infrastructures can achieve modern-day performance standards
- Evaluating how to incorporate scalable solutions within brownfield sites, allowing for further technological advancements and expansions without necessitating repeated major overhauls
16:10 Extended Questions & Discussion
16:30 Afternoon Coffee Break & Networking
MASTERING COMPLEX TERRAINS, NAVIGATE CHALLENGES AND ENHANCE EFFICIENCY
17:00 Dive Deep Into The Latest Advancements That Bridge The Data Transfer Gap In Remote And Challenging Areas, Seamlessly Connecting Oil Wells To SCADA Systems
Learn from companies that have faced the highs and lows of data acquisition in treacherous terrains.
- Overview of cutting-edge data acquisition technologies, AI, machine learning tools and platforms tailored for rugged environments
UNLOCKING THE VALUE OF ADVANCED DEVICES IN MATURE WELLS
17:20 Harnessing Real-Time Downhole Data: Advancing Mature Wells with Next-Gen Devices
As mature wells evolve, the integration of real-time downhole data devices emerges as a pivotal advancement. This session offers an in-depth look into the trajectory of this technology, the challenges of implementation in mature environments, and the promising future on the horizon.
- Understand the potential value and practicality of using advanced data devices in mature wells
- Basics and benefits of downhole data devices for mature wells
- Navigating the complexities of introducing new tech in established settings
- Steps for device selection based on well maturity and best practices for seamless integration
- Key methods to interpret device data and ensure continuous flow and analysis
- Training protocols for operational success and handling potential limitations
- A glimpse into the future of downhole data devices and innovations
17:40 Extended Questions & Discussion
18:00 Chair’s Closing Remarks and End of Day 1