WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Meet The Senior Decisions Makers With Job Titles Including:
VPs, COOs, CTOs, CIOs, Directors, Managers, Engineers, Leads, Specialists, Coordinators, Analysts, Foremans, Superintendents, Advisors, Scientists in...
- IoT & Digital Transformation
- Cloud Integration
- Cyber Security
- (Advanced) Analytics
- IT Infrastructure
- Reliability Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Senior Engineers - 5G & Wireless
- Asset Managers
- Platform Managers
- Area Managers
- Supply & Procurement Managers
- Chemical Managers
- EHS Managers
- Systems Architects
Meet Leading Technology & Services Providers In:
- IoT & Edge Computing
- Remote Monitoring Without Infrastructure
- Real-Time Machine Learning Model Deployment
- Autonomous Rod Pumping & ESP
- Smart Cameras
- VR & Augmented Reality
- Automating Manual Processes
- Audio Analytics
- Power Consumption Monitoring
- Well Performance Diagnostics
- Cost-Effective Well-Site Communications
- AI Applications
- Data Analytics
- Field Communications
- Data Analytic Dashboards
- Condition Monitoring
- Automating Controls
Day 2 – 1 February 2023
Applying The Latest IoT And Cloud-Based Solutions To Optimize Production & The Workforce
08:45 Chair’s Opening Remarks
SECURE USE OF THE LATEST IOT DEVICES
Optimize Production, Gas Lift, And Operational Efficiency
OPENING PANEL – IOT USE CASES
08:50 Utilizing IOT Devices And New Wireless Technologies To Optimize Production, Gas Lift, And Facility Operations While Protecting Against Cyber Threats - What Helps Companies Make Money Or Save Money?
- Examining how operators are deploying the newest IOT and Edge devices to deliver value.
- Are these technologies being used at the facility level rather than the well level, or for gas lift methods?
- And which technology systems are able to deliver value that contributes the bottom line?
08:50 COST EFFECTIVE IOT TECHNOLOGY DEPLOYMENT
Implementing A Scalable IIoT Based Solution For Production Monitoring And Optimization
- Deploying the latest IoT technologies and supporting wireless infrastructure to operate wells successfully and efficiently
- Case studies of implementing and utilizing data from IoT devices to create value for production optimization
- How the benefits of remote monitoring optimize production
- Comparing architectures that facilitate the integration of IIoTs with gas measurement, automated systems and other devices.
- Conclusions and lessons learned
Todd Anslinger, IIoT and Automation Specialist, Chevron
09:10 PRODUCTION OPTIMISATION USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY
Combining Low-Cost IoT Sensors with Artificial Intelligence to Prevent Expensive ESP Failures While Optimizing Production
The cost of ESP repair or replacement is high, but it is usually dwarfed by the cost of lost production. This case study delves into a novel AI-based application that enables operators to predict costly ESP failures while also optimizing production. A use case will be shared as an example.
- A summary of the initial case study and drivers for the project
- ESPs and production are being monitored using an AI-powered predictive maintenance model.
- How do the positive findings apply to ESPs and artificial lift in general?
- How are machine learning, AI, ad IOT affecting well-level optimization in unconventional wells?
- Key learning points and critiques of new machine learning, A,I and IoT technologies
Lucas Green, Operations Technology Director, Maverick Natural Resources LLC
09:30 BEST PRACTICE DATA UTILIZATION FROM IOT DEVICES
Use Case On Applying Data Generated By IOT Devices For Asset Tracking, Equipment Monitoring & Predictive Maintenance To Avoid Costly Failures
This use case talks though how to obtain business insights from equipment health data and using IoT devices and sensors to forecast when systems require maintenance or replacement.
- Reducing call outs and improving asset life through IOT enabled predictive maintenance
- Bringing the whole project together to apply the data and deliver actual results
- The future - Applying algorithms to huge data sets to schedule maintenance
09:50 IOT TECHNOLOGY AND CYBERSECURITY
Best Practices for Countering Cyberthreats to IoT Vulnerabilities
"IoT cybersecurity" refers to the process of safeguarding Internet of Things devices and ecosystems from malicious cyberattacks. In order to reduce vulnerabilities, this discussion will examine the most up-to-date methods for safeguarding networks from data breaches.
- Developing an operational technological framework to secure and monitor the availability, dependability, productivity, and safety of your IOT devices
- Firewall strategies
- Protecting against malware-vulnerable cameras and devices that lack frequent software updates
- Early planning for cybersecurity in your devices, throughout the system's design phase
- Investing in software-capable devices capable to handle updates.
- Ensuring that the entire workforce comprehends the primary IoT entry points for hackers
- Network security for wireless communication
- Can blockchain technology improve IoT security
George Robertson, Facilities Engineer, Chevron
10:10 – 10:30 Extended Curated Panel Q&A, Including A Discussion On Updating Systems And Operating Equipment To Avoid Obsoleteness
10:30 – 11:00 Morning Refreshment Break In The Exhibition Area
COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES TRADITIONAL SCADA VS NEWER IOT AND WIRELESS
11:00 An Analysis Comparing The Benefits Of IOT Systems Vs 5G Enabled Systems Vs Traditional SCADA Systems
Many regard the Internet of Things as a layer that can be implemented on top of SCADA systems. IoT systems offer several advantages over SCADA systems, including scalability, data analytics, and standardization, and are therefore an ideal complement to SCADA systems. Some businesses are beginning to question whether SCADA will become obsolete as a result of the introduction of 5G. How should a modern engineer in wellsite automation make future purchasing decisions?
- IoT is gaining popularity by delivering digitalized solutions compatible with the Industry 4.0 era and able to communicate with SCADA systems.
- SCADA technologies have helped E&P’s monitor and control their applications and processes, enhance operational efficiency, and cut costs for several decades
- Do SCADA systems struggle to capture innovations and respond to new needs in light of increased technological breakthroughs and the globalization of internet cloud technologies?
- Reviewing the benefits of 5g enabled IOT systems including
- Faster network speed
- Reduce delay and latency
- Enhanced device provisioning
- Network Sectioning
- Network Slicing is a novel 5G technology that allows the network to be partitioned into zones that are self-contained and independently secured.
- Reduced energy consumption
Conclusions and takeaways including a comparison of cyber security risks for all three
Sandro Esposito, VP Sales & Marketing, SignalFire Wireless Telemetry
11:20 Questions and discussion
Benefits And Strategies For Migrating As Much Functionality As Possible To The Cloud
PANEL– BEST PRACTICES AND APPLICATIONS FOR CLOUD USAGE
11:30 Strategies For Moving As Much Capability As You Can To The Cloud - Explaining Why It's Worth It, And How To Do It
11:30 UTILIZING CLOUD TECHNOLOGY FOR COST AND FUNCTION PURPOSES
Defining Best Practices For Safely Migrating The Majority Of Your Data To The Cloud
This session will show how to cut costs by moving as many functions as possible to the cloud in a safe manner, while using as little local server infrastructure as possible. A portion of the focus will be on how operators in remote areas on the edge of network coverage can take advantage of the cloud.
- The practical benefits of moving to the Cloud
- How to rank which functions to migrate to the Cloud-based on priority
- Ensuring safety during the migration process
- A dedicated round up on how to handle remote locations with limited network coverage
11:50 CLOUD TECHNOLOGY Vs LOCAL HOSTING
A Comparison Of Secure And Cost-Effective Cloud Hosting Vs. Local Hosting Systems
Understanding the real-world parameters of cloud hosting for onshore E&P’s, navigating how to cloud host securely, and exploring the trade-offs between cloud hosting and local hosting systems to determine a potential sweet spot.
- An introduction to cloud-hosting
- Exploring cloud-hosting cybersecurity options that match industry standards
- Cloud hosting vs. Local hosting systems
12:10 CLOUD TECHNOLOGY AND WIRELESS
Applications Of Newer Wireless Technologies For Cloud Computing
We are exploring how newer wireless technologies ( IoT and 5G systems) are replacing traditional SCADA and taking over the data transfer process from the well-site into the cloud.
- Introduction to alternative wireless technologies
- Exploring the differences in applications and cost of IoT systems vs 5G systems vs .SCADA systems
- Is this the end of traditional SCADA? Considering upgradability options
12:30 CYBERSECURITY OF CLOUD TECHNOLOGY
When Transitioning To The Cloud, Implementing Protocols To Maximize Cyber Security…
A deep dive into cybersecurity in The Cloud, across all relevant aspects, and comparing tailored vs. off-the-shelf cybersecurity solutions.
- How to safeguard your systems from hackers.
- Understanding what functions are more prone to cyber-attacks
- Exploring the differences between customized cybersecurity solutions and off-the-shelf solutions
12:50 Extended Question & Discussion (including panel discussion)
13:00 – 14:00 Networking lunch in the exhibition area
Automating To Optimize The Effectiveness Of The Workforce And Manage By Exception
PANEL – OPTIMIZING THE WORKFORCE THROUGH AUTOMATION
14:00 Optimizing The Workforce While Maximizing Effectiveness Via New Automation Technologies
Currently, it can be challenging to replace departing employees or retirees who wish to leave the energy industry in the oil and gas industry. How might automation help? For example, how could AI assist in the prioritization of activities in the future? How could augmented reality technology eventually be used to supplement employee sessions to optimize the workforce and maximize efficiency via automation?
14:00 SURVEILLANCE VERSUS REMOTE CONTROL
Strategizing: Where To Prioritize Remote Control Over Surveillance
This session looks at the strategies for cost-effective surveillance and where to prioritize remote control over surveillance.
- Setting priorities to use remote control rather than simple surveillance.
- In which of these scenarios would override an expensive remote-control project make sense
- Which circumstances call for the use of surveillance over the remote control, with user cases, findings, and practical takeaways
Charlie Kettner, Programming Specialist, ARC Resources Ltd.
14:25 OPERATING BY EXCEPTION AND WORKFORCE SHRINKAGE
How E&P’s Handle Exception-Based Operating Procedures What's Working, And What's Not?
Understanding the techniques E&Ps have adopted for operating by exception, including how to distinguish between areas that can be totally automated and those that require human intervention.
- Operating by exception and why it’s necessary for this age of automation, especially with a shrinking workforce
- Exploring how to deploy exception-based operating procedures in well sites successfully
- E&P approaches to automation and exception-based operating procedures
Denis Drolet, Senior Operations Engineer, Vermilion Energy
14:50 REMOTE WELLSITE MONITORING FOR OPTIMIZING THE WORKFORCE
Reducing The Workforce While Maximizing Effectiveness Via Automation
As with most industries, oil and gas companies confront difficulties in recruiting and retaining personnel. How would a single operator utilize their time if, for example, a field that historically required up to ten operators now only requires one? How have the required skill sets shifted to accommodate a more automated field?
- Managing operating by exception, what's working and what isn't?
- Optimizing time allocation to the operators.
15:10 FUTURE OF ROBOTICS AND MACHINE LEARNING IN LIMITING PERSONNEL NEEDED
Maximizing Productivity With Minimal Human Input Using Robotics & Machine Learning
To reduce the number of workers required, this discussion will focus on the potential areas for increasing automation, automation based on remote models, and what robotics could mean for managing labor shortages.
- Machine Learning Packages
- The Evolution Of Artificial Intelligence And Robotics
- Automation Based On Remote Models
- What Robotics Could Mean For Onshore Drilling And Managing Labour Shortages
15:30 – 15:50 Curated Question & Discussion Session
15:50 – 16:20 Afternoon Refreshment Break
Evaluating The Latest Automation Technology Developments For Production Optimization
PANEL – NEW AUTOMATION TECHNOLOGY FOR PRODUCTION OPTIMIZATION
16:20 Cutting Edge IIoT Automation for the Digital Oilfield: Demonstration Project Dramatically Reduces Electricity Cost and Increases Profitability
- Learn how the Akine product demonstration project lowered power consumption by over 35% on 24 brownfield horizontal wells in Saskatchewan, Canada
- Experience the power of machine learning analytics to provide actionable information in real time that you can depend on
- Quadruple productivity and response time of personnel with virtual site inspection and operating by exception
Kris Palka, CEO, Akine, Inc
16:20 ARTIFICIAL LIFT OPTIMISATION
How To Automate Electric Submersible Pump Artificial Lift Systems To Optimize Production & Avoid Premature Failure Of The Well
- What types of artificial lift systems are easiest to automate?
- How can these technologies be applied to ESP?
- Exploring ways of automating ESP
- Using predictive models for autonomous lift concepts
- Takeaways - The practical realities of automating for gas lift optimization, does automation actually reduce failure?
16:40 APPLICATION OF AUTOMATION FOR PRODUCTION OPTIMISATION IN ACTION
A Practical Example Of How To Use Large Data Sets Generated By Sensors To Improve Well Monitoring And Decision Making To Improve Production Performance
- Using enriched data from IoT sensors, structured and unstructured sources, well and network physics models, analytics, and AI
- Enhancing well performance by leveraging current infrastructure and production operations data investments
- Using Digital Twins to optimize the manufacturing flow system and achieve continuous operational awareness
- Bringing everything together to deliver success and improve well performance
17:00 Extended Questions & Discussion
Technologies For Predictive Maintenance & Remote Well Monitoring
PANEL– TECHNOLOGY, ASSET TRACKING, AND MAINTENANCE
17:20 Application Of AI, Machine Learning & Advanced Analytics For Predictive Maintenance – What Is New?
17:20 PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE INNOVATION TO REDUCE UNPLANNED DOWNTIME
Applying Automated Machine Learning To Wellsite Equipment, Pumps & Compressors – Moving From Reactive To Predictive Maintenance To Reduce Unplanned Downtime
One of the most practical uses of ML in the upstream oil and gas industry is prediction, which is the topic of this talk. In order to make quick and precise predictions, ML models and tools give engineers better insight into the optimal schedules for servicing and repairing existing equipment. To avoid expensive unplanned shutdowns.
- Application of data and algorithms to improve machine performance constitutes predictive maintenance
- Using predictive maintenance to collect data from multiple sources and analyze for trends
- Saving money and time by using ML to improve the reliability and performance of their pumps, compressors and heavy rotary equipment at the wellsite
- Results so far
18:00 MAKING REMOTE WELLSITE MONITORING WORK
How To Combine Sensors, New Camera Tech, Software, Cellular
Communications, And Battery Backup Power Into A Reliable Remote
Monitoring System - One Solution To The Industry's Workforce Problems
- Strategizing over whether to choose remote surveillance over monitoring
- Exploring remote surveillance technology options
- Understanding how to categorize surveillance areas into “high” and “low” priority regions
- Examining the benefits of dedicating a higher budget to surveillance
18:20 Curated Questions & Discussion
18:30 Chair's Closing Remarks